- 1 pound (more or less) eggplant, sliced thinly
- 2 boca burgers (actually 3 because David made himself a double-decker)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Sourdough or similar bread, thickly sliced
- 1 T (or to taste) pomegranate syrup
- Saute eggplant in olive oil until just starting to brown. Flip over and repeat. Remove from pan and dry on paper towels.
- Grill bread in the same pan, and also the boca burgers, until warm and browned.
- Make a sandwich (we eat our open-faced with the boca burgers, feta, and slices of grilled eggplant on top of the toasted bread)
- Drizzle remaining eggplant with pomegranate syrup and serve on the side