Flatbread with French Sorrel, Roasted Cauliflower and Crumbled Goat Cheese
1 Flatbread Dough
1/4 head cauliflower, broken into florets
5-6 large French sorrel leaves
2 oz crumbled goat cheese
sea salt, black pepper
bread flour for rolling out dough
- Heat oven to 420° and put pizza stone in oven to start warming up. Toss cauliflower florets in olive oil and sea salt to lightly coat. Roast on a sheet pan until golden and dark on edges, about 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes to cook evenly. Remove from oven to cool.
- Raise temperature of oven to 500°.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to relax at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Boil water and blanche sorrel, no more than 1 minute, then drain.
- Roll out dough on well-floured surface to an 8" circle. Spread a thin layer of olive oil on dough, then add goat cheese, cauliflower, and sorrel. You may have extra cauliflower, which you can serve on the side. Add more goat cheese on top.
- Bake until done, about 5 minutes.