1 1/2 Tbs sea salt
1 lb freshly picked mache, washed and dried
1/4 cup vegetable stock
1/4 cup half and half
pinch of nutmeg
Sauteed Dandelion Greens
1 lb freshly picked dandelion greens, rinsed
2 Tbs salt
1/8 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp sea salt
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, add salt and mache. Blanch, uncovered, until just softened, about 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Gently press out extra water.
- In food processor, puree mache with vegetable stock and half and half until smooth. Season with nutmeg and sea salt to taste.
- Use on a sandwich like we did, or serve as a side dish. This would also be fantastic tossed with some pasta and a wonderful cheese.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, add salt and dandelion greens. Cook uncovered until ribs are soft, about 10 minutes. Drain, then run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Gently press out extra water.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium, then saute garlic and red pepper about 1 minute. Increase temperature to medium-high, add greens and sea salt, and saute until greens are coated with oil, about 4 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.