Lemony Pasta with Roasted Brussels Sproutsserves 4
1 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts
12 oz dried spaghetti
juice of 3 - 4 lemons
1 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cup aged Romano cheese, grated
sea salt and black pepper
1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Trim brussels sprouts and cut each in half.
- Toss sprouts in 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper.
- Spread brussels sprouts, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake in top third of oven until blackened on top and soft.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook pasta in salted water, then drain.
- Combine lemon juice with 2/3 cup olive oil. Than add the cheese and mix until thick and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta, Brussels sprouts and lemon sauce and toss well to coat. Top with lemon zest and additional grated Romano.