Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Brown Butter and Sage Salt
adapted from New York Times
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
2 small heads or 1 large head cauliflower
6 Tbs unsalted butter
1 lemon, juice and zested
- Break cauliflower into florets, toss with olive oil and sea salt. Spread onto sheet pans.
- Heat oven to 375, put a roasting pan with 1" of water in the bottom of oven. This water slows the cooking, but the moisture will keep the cauliflower moist.
- Bake until brown, about 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in small pan over medium heat. When foam subsides, watch closely and stir often. When white solids are brown and butter smells toasty, turn off heat, squeeze in juice of lemon and stir well.
- Toss cauliflower with lemon butter, lemon zest, and sprinkle with sage salt. Add more to taste.
Cheers, The Foodbuzz Editorial Team.