Blueberry Pound Cake
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup flour for blueberries
1/4 cup sugar for the pan
butter for greasing pan
10" tube pan or similar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease pan and dust well with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Combine 2 3/4 cup flour with baking powder and salt.
- Dredge blueberries with the 1/4 cup flour and mix well to coat. We use fresh blueberries, but frozen work well too.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well each time. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add dry. When fully incorporated, fold in blueberries. Batter will be very thick so some of the blueberries may get mashed up in the process.
- Bake until golden brown on top and cooked through, 75 minutes in our oven. It's ok to have a bit of a moist, "sad" streak in middle of the cake when you remove from oven.
- Cool, then dust with powdered sugar. Serve at room temperature or toasted with some lemon curd or blueberry preserves on the side.
- Store well-wrapped at room temperature.