Flatbread with Broccoli Rabe and Manchego
1 flatbread dough
1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
1/4 tsp red chile flakes, plus more to taste
1 broccoli rabe (rapini) head, cut into florets
2 oz manchego, sliced with peeler
sea salt and black pepper
- Heat oven and pizza stone to 500° for 1 hour.
- Remove flatbread dough from refrigerator to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Blanch broccoli rabe in salted boiling water, then drain.
- Heat 2 Tbs olive oil over medium, add garlic and chile and cook for one minute. Add broccoli rabe and cook until starting to soften. Add sea salt to taste, cook one more minute, remove from heat.
- Roll dough out on well-floured surface to 8" across.
- Spread thin layer of olive oil on flatbread dough. Add cheese, then broccoli rabe (you may have extra), then more cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and a little more red chile flakes.
- Bake until done, about 5 minutes.
- Flatbread with Brussels Sprouts, Walnuts and Shaved Parmesan
- Flatbread with Gorgonzola Dulce, Grapes and Walnuts
- Flatbread with Roasted Beets, Goat Cheese and Chestnut Honey
- Flatbread with French Sorrel, Roasted Cauliflower and Crumbled Goat Cheese