Pasta with Fresh Chickpeas and Basil Sauce
serves 2 as entree portion
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 cups fresh basil leaves
6 Tbs olive oil
Pasta with Fresh Chickpeas
12 oz dried penne pasta
1 -2 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 cups fresh chickpeas, removed from pods
- Puree basil, salt and garlic in food processor. Slowly add olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil big pot of water, add 1 Tbs sea salt. Blanche chickpeas until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water. Drain.
- Immediately combine pasta with basil sauce and chickpeas. Combine well, then add 1 1/2 oz cheese and mix again.
- Serve warm topped with more grated cheese.
Cheers, The Foodbuzz Editorial Team