Chocolate Pecan Fudge Pie
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 Tbs butter
6 oz good-quality bittersweet chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 Tbs unbleached A.P. flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup roasted pecans***, coarsely chopped
1 unbaked pie shell
*** you can roast the pecans yourself or buy roasted pecans. Candied pecans are amazing in this pie if you have the time to make them.
- Preheat oven to 350° convection (375° conventional) and place shelf in middle of oven.
- Combine chocolate, evaporated milk and butter in pyrex measuring cup and melt in short blasts in the microwave until melted. If you started with chocolate in bar or block form, chop first. Discs can go straight into the micro. Be careful to make sure chocolate doesn't burn, stirring well between blasts. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine eggs, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and pecans until well blended. Add melted chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Fill pie shell and bake until crust forms on top but filling is still dark and a bit liquidy underneath, about 30 minutes in our oven.
- Cool, then store well-wrapped in the refrigerator.
- If desired, top with more pecans and chocolate shavings. Serve slightly warmed with creme fraiche, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.