Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad with Wild Chicory and Toasted Pecans
serves 2 as an entree
3 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs white wine vinegar
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
olive oil, sea salt and black pepper
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 Tbs butter
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups wild chicory
(or however much you like)
1/8 cup Grana Padano Stravecchio cheese, shredded
or Parmesan, shredded
- Combine dressing ingredients, whisk well, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread pecans on sheet pan and bake until fragrant and a few shades darker, about 10 minutes. Toss immediately in a bowl with butter and salt until nuts are well coated.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil to coat, then season with salt and pepper. Spread on a sheet pan, cut side down, until soft and browned, about 15 minutes.
- Trim chicory, then toss with the salad dressing. Top with Brussels sprouts and pecans, then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Serve while sprouts are still warm, or at room temperature.
- If you like this salad, try our Brussels Sprout Salad with Marcona Almonds and Manchego Cheese
- Read more about Italian chicories in the garden and try our recipe for Focaccia with Chicory, Fingerling Potatoes, Rosemary, Gorgonzola Dulce and Pine Nuts