Butternut Squash, Feta and Jalapeño Quesadillas
serves 2 as entree
1 1-lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1" cubes
1 jalapeño, seeds and membrane removed, finely chopped
1 dried cayenne pepper (optional)
4 flour tortillas
4 oz sheep's milk feta, crumbled
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
sea salt and black pepper
- Boil a big pot of salted water and add cubed butternut squash. Boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly, then puree in food processor.
- Add jalapeño to pureed butternut squash, then add salt and pepper to taste. If you like more heat, add a finely diced dried cayenne pepper to the mixture.
- Spread butternut puree on a tortilla, then sprinkle cheese and cilantro. Use second tortilla to make a top for the quesadilla.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high. Add quesadilla and cook until browned, then flip over and repeat.
- Garnish with more cilantro and serve immediately.