Flatbread with Brussels Sprouts, Walnuts and Shaved Parmesan
1 ball flatbread dough
12 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
1/2 cup walnuts
1 oz parmesan, shaved with a peeler
1 cup vegetable stock
2 Tbs butter
sea salt and black pepper
bread flour for dusting
- Heat oven to 325° and toast walnuts until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Raise temperature to 500° to heat oven and pizza stone.
- Heat butter in saute pan over medium until browned.
- Add Brussels sprouts and saute briefly, about 1 minute.
- Add stock, toasted walnuts, a squeeze of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until just tender.
- Roll out dough on well-floured surface (after letting it rest at room temperature for 15 minutes). Lighlty brush all over with olive oil, then add a layer of shaved parmesan. Top with Brussels sprouts mixture, then another layer of shaved parmesan (make a decorative pattern if you're so inclined). Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake until done, about 5 minutes. Watch closely to prevent the walnuts from burning.
- Flatbread with Gorgonzola Dulce, Grapes and Walnuts
- Flatbread with Roasted Golden Beets, Goat Cheese and Chestnut Honey
- Flatbread with French Sorrel, Roasted Cauliflower and Crumbled Goat Cheese
And coming soon:
- Flatbread with Broccoli Rabe and Manchego
- Flatbread with Chickpeas, Tomato and Feta